Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Marc
    Participant

Busy day! The legendary Tim Carter helped me remove the genset from its frame and it’s the perfect size for the engine bay, spent most of the day tidying up the carashed and organising my tools ready to get cracking when we get the chance. Next on the list is measure up for the new in boat mounts, figure out the exhaust routing, figure out the best places for blowers to circulate the air from the lazerette to keep it cool and supplied with fresh air, it’s got a low oil cut off so that’ll be tapped into for the Carbon monoxide cut off. I’m currently looking at dual fuel carburettors to enable it to run from much cleaner burning propane as I’d rather be carrying propane over petrol.

Marc
      Participant

Exciting news! I’ve picked up a 5kva electric start generator that will form the fueled side of my hybrid drive system, it’ll be taken off its frame and put on a bespoke mount with the panel extended out with the rest of the controls, other modifications will be made such as an external fuel tank for safety, carbon monoxide detector rigged into the kill switch and pre-start blowers to vent the engine room before start… It’s coming together folks!

Attachments:
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.