David Hanks

    Some more pictures:

    I removed the old console. I’m still not sure if I’ll repair and reuse or if I’ll put the wheel straight onto the bulk head. None of the gauges or switches worked except for the temperature and oil pressure so they need to be replaced. Also there’s loads of holes where gauges and switches have been added and removed in the past that will need to be filled.

    The original wiring job wasn’t bad. I found a few dodgy joints where things had been added on but overall it was ok. The insulation on the cables has gone hard and brittle so I’m replacing it all.

    The aft cabin had loads of muck and grime under the floor. It took a few days to clean. I went at it with a bucket and sponge because I didn’t want to add loads of water to the boat but in the end I got the pressure washer out. I should have done that from the start. Now you could eat your dinner off it.

    P.S. I’ve reread and edited this three times because my grammar was brutal. I’m typing this in work whilst answering the phone and dealing with customers so forgive any mistakes!