Evening folks! Stage 1 of the motor mount is in! The eagle eyed among you will probably notice the bearing is slightly off center… Like I said, nothing on this flipping boat is straight! After running the numbers I’ve decided to run a belt reduction the ratio will be about 2.3:1 which will sit cruising speed right in the middle of the motors most efficient operating speed and will be just shy of the props cavitation speed at full throttle. As always I’ve found another problem, at some point the propshaft has been changed for a metric one and this would be fine if it not for the very imperial stern tube so I’m going to have to fabricate a new Cutlass bearing, more on that in the next few weeks!