Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

As I learn more and more about boat restoration and construction, I’m finding that the adhesive world is very confusing, with a ton of varying opinions. It makes it difficult for the average person to figure out what product is best for their application.
      I assume you’re in Britain and I’m in North America so product brands may differ, but in your opinion what would you say would be the best product to use for filling seams between mahogany deck planks? From what I read the product should be flexible to allow expansion/contraction of the wood, adhering to wood, and UV resistant. The more I read about filling seams, the more confused I get about what should be used!

Louis
      Keymaster

Hey Greg thanks for asking a great question – We’ll get the answer stay tuned!

Louis
        Keymaster

I think when we spoke via Reddit you said you were going to use Sikoflex 291 – since then I’ve had a few suggestions of Sikoflex 292 because it has twice she sheer strength on 291. I also had a suggestion of bitumen which is a sealant that is sometimes used in roofing which can be used in tempeatures of -20°C to 80°C. For now I would stick with the Sikaflex but if I find anything else I’ll keep you posted.

Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.