Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marc
    Participant

Cardboard stem head fittings are vastly under rated! What could possibly go wrong? This is the rough template that will be drawn up in Autodesk Fusion 360 and laser cut from 3mm ply to make templates for plasma cutting in 5.5mm 316 stainless steel. Should be a fun little side project

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Marc.
      Marc
      Participant

Evening folks, just realised I haven’t updated the bow roller project! Here’s where we’re at, this is V1, the design has changed now to be a bit lighter but as a CAD to laser-cut template to plasma cut it worked better than I could have expected, V2 is currently being refined in Fusion 360 and I’ll post a little video of the laser cutter doing it’s part shortly. The steel mockup is in cheap 2mm mild steel and the finished one will be in 5.5mm 316 stainless, I’m enjoying this one!

Attachments:
        Marc
        Participant

I’ve been getting on with the 316 stainless bow fitting this week, the mig weiding isn’t the tidiest but it’s solid, the process of laser cut wooden templates and plasma cutting the steel worked an absolute treat so I’ll definitely be using that process again for the aluminum motor mount, 316 hinged mast foot and a few other bits and bobs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.