Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marc
    Participant

Update time! I bought some new tools to help things along, I had absolutely no idea that roller sanders existed and now it’s my new favourite sanding tool, it fills the gap between the aggressiveness of the angle grinder with a flappy sanding disc and the orbital sander that whilst excellent for finishing isn’t great for heavy removal. I’ve also given the blasting cabinet a quick test run and it performs as expected and will do a great job of stripping the paint off the engine block when I get round to rebuilding that! anyhoo… about the boat! We arrived saturday morning to find that the rain had caused a mini flood, but armed with the rolly sandamajig i’ve very nearly finished getting inside of the stb hull ready for fairing, there’s about an hours worth of sanding left but the sleeve clogged so i’m awaiting the amazon dude with more. Christopher has been cracking on with building a regulation gas locker to take 2x Campingaz bottles in the lazerette which will be accessed by a new hatch on deck. Elizabeth has been helping me remove the final parts needed to get the deck core replaced including some splendid prybar work to split the cockpit surround! so all in all very productive, I’m really looking forward to everything starting to go back in and happily sketching out a couple of interior designs to make it into a cozy 2 person coastal cruiser.

Louis
      Keymaster

Awesome work Mark, what roller sander did you go for out of interest?
        How does a roller sander compare to say a flapdisc on an angle grinder. I’ve a attached a photo of my leg tattoo. I think grinders are the king of the tools. like me. ?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Louis.
        Louis
        Keymaster

Here she blows

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.