Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #5684
    Marc
    Participant

    Concrete pour is complete! Thanks to Chris for mixing and Lizzy for general lizzying. It took 4x 20kg bags of blue circle mortar mix, 5l of sika SBR+ and 1 glass of Cider. The air hammer was used to vibrate the hull which made sure it flowed into all the voids and it was then leveled and covered in plastic to slow down the evaporation. Massive tick in the box and looking forward to cracking on with the cabin build!

    #5688
    Marc
    Participant

    Sigh, so it looks like the cement in the keel dried unevenly and it cracked down the entire length, the good news is it stuck to the metal weights and fiberglass hull so that can be the positive. I don’t have any pics but the repair process has been to dig as much back out as I could then drive the crack apart and pour thin epoxy in, leave for 20 mins for it it be absorbed into the mortar then pour in slightly thickened epoxy. When I removed the wedges it squirted back out the gap which should mean that it’s going to solve the problem if not… It’s weight removal and start from scratch… Damn it!

    #5689
    Marc
    Participant

    Evening folks, not much progress on the old girl this weekend what with the rather dramatic weather, we managed to get the repair finished on the ballast. The rain has found its way into the boat luckily the waterproof cement is in actual fact waterproof and the water ran dutifully into the bilge for the newly purchased whale supersub 650 to dispatch overboard. On the subject of purchases I have 3x trudesign seacocks, a raw water strainer, vented loop and other assorted bits enroute to finish off the engine bay… Hurray!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.