I’ve been making use of the colder temperatures to try some experiments for the hull to deck bond, as there is such a big gap traditional methods using a gun adhesive sealant would be very costly, I had a load of polyester bonding compound left after putting the keel weights in so last night I gave that a go and the results have been very promising! I’ll be coating it with an epoxy barrier, through bolting every 6inches and with significant tabbing on the inside it should outlast me!
Not many photos this weekend as we had a few friends down to visit, I did manage to be antisocial enough to get the exterior portion of the Hull to deck join sealed up though and the boat feels much more solid. Several key decisions for the project were also made, most notably the propulsion system… We are (drum roll) going electric! Huzzah! A more detailed setup will come later but for a basic overview it’ll be a 10hp permanent magnet brushed motor, and a 48v 220ah battery bank, this should provide about 8 hours of motoring at cruising speed, recharge will be handled by the prop spinning under sail, solar panels and a wind turbine. This is going to be fun!